Generator Selection Criteria. What Factors to Consider?Ulvi
There are many factors to consider when choosing a generator, including
- Purpose of use
- Noise level
- Fuel consumption and operating time
- Ease of launch
- Durability and quality
- Service and customer support
There are dozens of generator models on the market, which are cardinally different. Some generators are designed for industrial use, while some are for domestic use. Some generators can power multiple electrical devices, while others can keep the entire construction site running. It is essential not to make a mistake when choosing a generator, or else there is a significant risk that the device will not meet expectations. In this article, we will take a closer look at the basic parameters worth paying attention to before buying a generator.
Generator Selection: Purpose of Use
As a rule, generators are used in three cases:
- As a backup power source in private households or industrial facilities to ensure uninterrupted power supply to equipment and continuous operation of electrical systems. Könner & Söhnen generators equipped with an electric starter can be used in conjunction with an automatic transfer switch (ATS). It allows quickly supply the equipment with power in case of a power cut.
- Industrial use in construction, trade or rental. To ensure the operation of power tools or industrial equipment if it is impossible to connect them to a central power source.
- Use in tourism (car travel, camping, picnic, boating) to ensure the operation of electrical equipment outside of civilization and to organize a convenient active vacation.
Könner & Söhnen manufactures a wide range of high-quality generators, among which you will find a suitable one for each of the mentioned applications. However, since each consumer has unique needs, other factors must be taken into account when making a choice.
Generator Selection: Noise Level
The generator’s noise level is an essential factor in determining the suitable model. Many industrial and commercial applications of generators have noise limits when the equipment is running or in use. It can affect the choice of generator model. Generators with a high noise level are also not convenient for home use or travelling.
Most generators are rated in decibels (dB). For every 10 dB increase, the noise level increases 10 times. A generator operating at 70 dB is ten times louder than a generator operating at 60 dB.
An especially low noise level have inverter generator models KS 2000i S and KS 2000iG S. Thanks to a special protective housing that ensures a minimum noise level of 62 dB, the operation of the generator is as comfortable as possible and does not disturb others.
In addition, diesel power stations stand out with their lower noise level thanks to their soundproof housing. The high-quality soundproof housing significantly reduces noise during device operation, improves heat distribution, and protects the power station from adverse weather conditions and violations.
Generator Selection: Fuel Consumption and Operating Time
The main factors that affect generator run time are fuel consumption and fuel tank capacity. Könner & Söhnen generators offer a number of features that significantly reduce fuel consumption and extend the generator’s operating time:
- Könner & Söhnen generators are equipped with an enlarged steel fuel tank, which extends the generator’s operating time without refuelling. The fuel level indicator is located on the tank for ease of use.
- Könner & Söhnen inverter generators are equipped with a fuel economy mode switch. This mode reduces fuel consumption by up to 50% at small loads due to lower engine revolutions.
- Könner & Söhnen diesel generators of the “HEAVY DUTY” series have an increased motor resource – so they have a longer service life, and can work for more hours without a break. The engine resource exceeds 3000 working hours, this is confirmed by multi-hour, multi-level tests and warranty.
Generator Selection: Durability and Quality
The high production quality of Könner & Söhnen generators directly affects their reliability and is confirmed by long-term operation in various operating conditions. Products provided by Könner & Söhnen TM are the result of many years of experience with German specialists who took on the best of world-famous brands and took all their mistakes into account. When choosing a generator in our online store, you can immediately notice and evaluate the following:
- Production quality
- Ergonomics of control panels
- Design and colour quality
- Modern technologies
In addition, each generator, cultivator or motor pump engine has an individual serial number. It allows us to monitor the quality of production and service. All generators are tested for a long period of uninterrupted operation and then disassembled and studied for defects. Könner & Söhnen generators provide a guaranteed power supply with the required power for a long period of operation.
Generator Selection: Service and Customer Support
Since the generator is a device for responsible purpose and long-term use, it must ensure trouble-free operation and reliability for the consumer. Therefore, when choosing a generator model, and especially a generator manufacturer, we recommend paying attention to the brand’s reputation, compliance with standards, and the presence of official representatives. Choose a generator brand that offers full service and constant availability of spare parts and consumables.
Having purchased a generator from the Genekas24 e-store, you have acquired a long-term partner with a warranty and a fixed maintenance schedule. Genekas24 offers generator warranty, installation and maintenance work for gasoline, diesel and inverter generators. If your generator has any problems or needs maintenance, please let us know via the Contact page!